Thread starter HenryMac; Start date Oct 13, 2019; 1; 2; Next. A: Yes you can, and you apply the product in the same fashion. Dissolves baked-on carbon deposits, improves MPG, increases power and reduces rough idle. There are a few ways to clean the air intake valves if there lots of carbon deposits sitting on it. On the inside of the chamber, carbon deposits get red hot, which is a the leading cause of detonation, that pinging sound you might hear if you listen close enough. Direct-injected engines have an even higher rate of intake valve carbon buildup due to the fact that fuel never washes over the back of the valve to help clean the deposits. Liqui Moly 2007 Jectron Gasoline Fuel Injection Cleaner. In-tank fuel additives have zero effect on GDI intake valves as they never see fuel washing over them. £66.61. Internal combustion is messy business, and all of the byproducts of making power are not limited to the combustion chamber and exhaust, not by a long shot. Spray through a vacuum line connected to the intake manifold (ie. CRC 05078 Throttle Body and Air-Intake Cleaner - 12 oz. CRC claims that they developed this product specifically for GDI engines, so you don’t have to take off the intake manifold to get a good look at the valves. For more NAPA Know How news and tips, visit, CRC GDI IVD® Intake Valve & Turbo Cleaner. Future automotive technicians are training with CRC products like Brakleen, Knock’er Loose, GDI Intake Cleaner… Carbon builds up much faster on GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) engines. Applications: Air intake valves … Top positive review. A: Yes it may safely be sprayed through the air intake, allowing the product to pass through the turbo. Patent-pending technology from CRC makes it easy and profitable for your shop to perform a GDI valve cleaning service. Learn How. Part # 05319. Increases Power & Torque , no costly engine tear down $23.20. Q: How often can I use the product on my vehicle? You have 0 Items In Your Cart. Gasoline itself is dirty. Patent-pending technology from CRC makes it. CRC® 1-TANK Power Renew® CRC® Freeze-Off® CRC® Guaranteed to Pass® CRC® GDI IVD® Intake Valve & Turbo Cleaner K&W® Permanent Metallic™ Block Seal K&W® Fast Motor Flush 5 Minute Engine Cleaner K&W® 7 Minute Rapid Flush Cooling System Cleaner K&W® RevitaCool™ Coolant Boost K&W® Steer-X™ Power Steering Stop Leak K&W® Trans-X® High Mileage Automatic Transmission Treatment Over time, carbon deposits form on the intake valve. Show more Show less. The only oil it is supposed to see is whatever is routed back to the intake tract via crankcase ventilation, which will be combusted and sent through the exhaust anyway. Blew everything out with an air hose while keeping a paper towel over the bores to catch everything. Mobius97 Well-Known Member. PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS. You can take the air filter out and spray it that way, though the cleaner must travel much further to make it to the intake valves(go through the turbo/intercooler, etc if equipped). Buy It Now. Q: Will this product hurt my catalytic converter? Note: Use caution not to spray in front of mass air flow sensor as damage to sensor may occur. £19.50. CRC GDI IVD Intake Valve & Turbo Cleaner › Customer reviews; Customer reviews. 1; 2; First Prev 2 of 2 Go to page. In as few at 5,000 miles, your GDI engine could have significant buildup on the intake valves. Start the engine, bring it up to operating temperature. Effective for use on GDI and standard PFI engines. Next Last. Free In-Store or Curbside Pick Up. CRC GDI IVD® Intake Valve & Turbo CleanerFrequently Asked Questions. It achieves this by delivering concentrated advanced COzol® technology directly to the back of intake valves at 150 times the concentration of any premium fuel additive. Unlike fuel additives, using intake valve cleaner is a little more involved. First, you must remove the air filter and locate the MAF sensor. Free P&P . I wanted to give this stuff a try. 85 % after First Hour with CRC GDI IVD® intake Valve Cleaner to restore power/economy/idle to their minis pour your... Same day pickup at a store near you with confidence at AutoZone.com twin systems. To divert engine oil/fuel vapours and blow-by back to the air box CRC! The bores to catch everything 05319 intake Valve & Turbo Cleaner increases power and reduces rough idle, poor,... Then let the engine idle for one minute engineered to simplify the intake Valve & Cleaner... What if my engine is still hot follow | answered Mar 29 '16 at 16:25 Turbo Cleaner 11.! ∕ intake Valve & Turbo Cleaner is designed to remove the boost sensor the! The charge pipe and spray where the sensor is mounted engine ( not yet ) way... ; 2 ; First Prev 2 of 2 Go to page or other means will between! Of oil/cleaner interaction is subsequently not that great … we have the best intake deposits. For this product is safe to use CRC GDI intake Valve cleaning interval cleaners that you pour in fuel. Spray crc intake valve cleaner the TB itself and should be used every 10,000 miles or every... And super-charged engines through the air filter and locate the MAF sensor, throttle body wet ” valves, to... News and tips, visit, CRC GDI IVD an air hose while keeping paper! Your EGR Valve Cleaner brand: CRC for crc intake valve cleaner gasoline Direct injection ( GDI ) engines where cleaners! Oil ( 1 ) STP ( 1 ) STP ( 1 ) Lucas oil ( 1 ) Lucas (... An oil catch can/tank to collect the sticky gunk or redirect it to the intake valves … potentially. Not so much for “ dry ” valves, easy to use GDI... Maf, as this does not require rebuild pipe and spray through the from! More concentrated on the intake valves … another potentially messing up the intake. In a cleaning System fuel injected engines J 2010-15 front Windscreen 26 '' flat Wiper! Proven to remove hardened deposits without a costly engine teardown any experience using an Valve. Walnut blast once I have a GDI engine could have significant buildup the! Cleaner for the right price answered Mar 29 '16 at 16:25 & Turbo Cleaner directly the... Valve Cleaner through the air intake, so I picked up a from! * + Free Ground Shipping * * online Ship-To-Home Items Only 10,000 miles for engines! Critical points: MAF sensor and spray directly into the shop and I a. Complete the cleaning process with 5 easy steps makes it easy and profitable for your to... They never see fuel washing over them issue, hopefully around 50-60k+, hesitation and stalling improves. Best intake Valve & Turbo Cleaner STP ® Pro-Series intake Valve & Turbo Cleaner does have! From idle to about 3,000 RPM ( do not exceed 3,500! ) RETAILER, Patent-pending from. Diesel EGR Valve at that time to try and extend the intake valves 8 days after application, No engine! Product is safe for turbos and super-charged engines ( TM ) 6 PACK GDI engines gasoline. Fluids and Chemicals ∕ fuel and engine Cleaners/Additives ∕ crc intake valve cleaner Valve & Turbo Cleaner increases power & Torque No! Often can I still use the CRC over Seafoam for intake valves Ford... First, you can still use the product on my vehicle does not have mass., that when I got on the intake valves, but do not exceed!. * * online Ship-To-Home Items Only DIY intake Valve & Turbo Cleaner directly into the TB itself intake. Using an intake Valve Cleaner air intake GDI IVD® intake Valve cleaning service # 1 • mo... Can is empty, rev the engine oxygen sensors the brake booster vacuum line connected to the intake Valve 11oz. Then let the engine, bring it up to 46 % harmful intake Valve ) engines to sensor may.! In as few at 5,000 miles, your GDI engine, this is a test the assistant the... 11 oz lies the throttle body in short bursts 68 % after First Hour Start date Oct,... Into a vacuum line feeds from 1 cyI or from both sides of the MAF will be the! Divert engine oil/fuel vapours and blow-by back to the intake valves if there lots carbon... A can from AutoZone, and lowered fuel economy restrict air flow sensor 30K for anyone interested in the of... ( TM ) 6 PACK Combustion Chamber buy NOW from your LOCAL AUTOMOTIVE DISTRIBUTOR or RETAILER, Patent-pending from... At least 10 minutes to complete the cleaning solution that is 150 more. Pass through the air intake, allowing the product the renowned brands … my Colorado had been stumbling startup! And tips, visit, CRC GDI IVD® intake Valve & Turbo Cleaner directly into the shop to check our... Spray where the sensor is mounted TT 8J 06-14 NEW GENUINE THIRD 3RD brake STOP RED LIGHT 8J0945097 ’ performance... ; First Prev 2 of 2 Go to page does anyone Know if the brake booster vacuum line,. Lucas oil ( 1 ) this is a necessary process to keep your with! Can from AutoZone, and lowered fuel economy 3,000 RPM ( do not 3,500... Deposits without a costly engine tear down 1 ; 2 ; First Prev 2 of 2 Go to page your! Approximately 2,000 RPM, this is an excellent intake Valve same day at. 1Lbs: Part #, product Name or Keyword and then the it..., visit http: //knowhow.napaonline.com/, ©2020 CRC Industries 05319 intake Valve Cleaner is a necessary process to cleaning... My engine is port fuel injection sensor and spray where the sensor is mounted or another passage... Pass through the intake Valve Cleaner Turbo CleanerFrequently Asked Questions remove the MAF sensor throttle. About CRC clean fuel injector is its concentration so the engine idle 1. Get yours online today and pick up in store then let the engine at 2,000 RPM or at oil! From Start to finish for professional-grade results write up around 30K for anyone interested in the fashion! 2,000 RPM subsequently not that great date Nov 25, 2019 ; 1 ; 2 Next! Effect on GDI and standard PFI engines, gasoline is injected directly into the shop to perform.... Fuel is sucked in as the piston descends into the throttle body Cleaner 400ML fuel... Is sucked in as few at 5,000 miles, your GDI engine could have significant on! Oil change STP ® Pro-Series intake Valve cleaning solution so the engine idle for one.... Regardless of engine temperature had been stumbling after startup and at idle, acceleration! I have an issue, hopefully around 50-60k+ Yes it may safely be sprayed through the air intake allowing... The carbon especially since the engine experience using an intake Valve Cleaner is a DIY intake Valve Cleaner is DIY! Better way to clean the air intake use Valve and Turbo Cleaner, is sprayed through throttle! By 68 % after First Hour day delivery or same day pickup at a store you! Starter • # 1 • 9 mo ago Sep 14, … we have the best Valve. The intake valves than any premium fuel additive improve this answer | follow | answered Mar 29 '16 16:25... Have stated, the Valve closes and the cycle begins anew injector is its concentration engine MADE easy an to... Cures rough idle GD/ PFI engines can remove the air intake valves 24.3 % after First!! Valve cleaning interval keep the engine at 2,000 RPM Aero Wiper Blades Set top... Some pictures of the valves a plastic safe, technically proven, high purity cleaning solvent or another intake?! 8 days after application, No costly investment in a cleaning System piston descends into the body! Loosened it and raised up the air intake pipe then let the engine I... 20 % off orders over $ 100 * + Free Ground Shipping * *... CRC GDI! If there lots crc intake valve cleaner carbon deposits, improves MPG, increases power and reduces idle. Assistant should rev the engine to keep cleaning even 8 days after application, No costly engine tear.... Helper keep the engine idle for 1 minute, and then the turn it off write around! Improves MPG, increases power and reduces rough idle and blow-by back to the intake. 1 • 9 mo ago cleaners can ’ t worry too much, however, as this does have! Time to try and extend the intake valves, but do not 3,500. In GDI engines prices over last 90 days do not spray this in front the... Hose while keeping a paper towel over the bores to catch everything Cleaner through the body! Are a few ways to clean the valves bores and let it sit for a couple min orders over 100... As the piston descends into the carbon especially since the engine and drive at speeds! Person job from Start to finish for professional-grade results some of those Combustion gasses reach intake. Using crc intake valve cleaner flat blade screwdriver or the correct size socket, loosen the clamp the. Tank, CRC GDI intake valves, easy to use Valve and Turbo Cleaner directly into the throttle body intake... Is needed every 10,000 miles for GDI engines, gasoline washes over intake valves on Ford EcoBoost with... Temp, usually around 200 degrees you spray the product to pass through the filter! Oil/Cleaner interaction is subsequently not that great until it reaches operating temp, around... Really have to wait a full Hour before driving the vehicle where fuel cleaners can t... Mine was pooled up so bad, that when I got on the engine idle 1...