Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Results: From 2010 to November 2019, 307 topics citing memantine were identified on reddit.com and 136 users experiences extracted from the topics were recorded. These factors include: individual variation, dosage, time span over which you’ve taken the drug, and whether you’re taking any other drugs or supplements. After trying pretty much every AD for anxiety on the market I'm looking at some unconventional things to trying adding to the Lamictal I take daily to feel more functional. Second of all, that is amazing! After trying pretty much every AD for anxiety on the market I'm looking at some unconventional things to trying adding to the Lamictal I take daily to feel more functional. However, memantine is known to reduce tolerance significantly to opiates and stimulants, so you might want to lower your dose of Concerta at first and go from there. Less common adverse effects include vomiting, anxiety, hypertonia, cystitis, and increased libido. Even talking to my own family on the phone is extremely nerve-wracking, and I once dropped out of college because I could no longer bear the thought of people looking at my as I walked through the halls of the breezeway. From a 12 week, placebo controlled 2015 chinese study that gave Memantine to 53 Methadone addicts. 6) May Decrease Symptoms of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) According to some studies, memantine has shown some potential when used in addition to first-line treatments for OCD . Actually, a psychiatrist suggested I try memantine for my OCD - she was doing a study to prove this. Whether it's approaching someone you're attracted to or if it's giving a presentation in class, everyone gets a little nervous at times. First of all, yes, you can post sources. In the past, something like this would have been a huge deal and I'd be highly skeptical of any decision without first checking with my brothers, sisters, or friends for their approval. PLEASE get a milligram scale if you plan on buying memantine in powder form. It was awesome. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the MemantineHCl community. Memantine is a medication used to treat moderate-to-severe ... insomnia, agitation, and/or hallucinations. I actually had a great time with her just lounging around on the beds. 43% of those users who reviewed Memantine reported a positive effect, while 41% reported a negative effect. L-Theanine. The kind of drunk, disoriented, and uncoordinated feeling widely reported by myself and others is what I believe is helping my anxiety. From 2010 to November 2019, 307 topics citing memantine were identified on reddit.com and 136 users experiences extracted from the topics were recorded. Today I saw the psychologist for the Spinal Cord Test, and I was so open and talkative. Memantine is a moderate affinity, uncompetitive NMDA receptor antagonist with strong voltage-dependency and fast kinetics. It KILLS my social anxiety. Memantine has many anecdotal reports throughout bluelight, longecity, reddit et al… reddit search query for memantine here. The memantine dosage will differ based on the use case. Store memantine at room temperature away from moisture and heat. I seriously doubt memantine's NMDA properties were of any benefit for me, probably because I don't have anxiety or other signs of glutaminergic over-activity to begin with. I do not take any other drugs/medication, only memantine and multivitamins. 2. Use memantine regularly to get the most benefit. We are a forum of people who know what it's like having generalized anxiety disorder. Memantine and social anxiety. How long did it take before it became effective you for? Of note chronic administration of NMDA antagonists induces D2 receptor synthesis in rat striatum. Hi Guys, i started memantine about 10 days ago. I've always been fascinated by psychopharmacology (as you can see from my colorful, drug-fueled past), but I wanted an edge in school without having to resort to stimulants like adderall, since they are generally not very good for you. There have been reports of it causing paranoia and anxiety as well as one report that I just read of someone going into a depression from it. 6. Adding the Alzheimer drug memantine to a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) may improve depressive symptoms, as well as apathy, anxiety, and cognitive function, in older patients. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the socialanxiety community. I would love to try it for a while, since I tried the social anxiety test to check my score and it was 115. Has anyone else experienced this? One small study concluded that “memantine may be an effective augmentation therapy in patients with treatment-resistant anxiety.” 14 I'm a diff person with people. Moreover, memantine was reported to be clinically relevant in reducing anxiety symptoms and improving sleep quality when used to treat anxiety disorders [122]. Filters. I remember when I opened the door to Sears leading into the mall, I thought, “Ok, usually I would be feeling the pangs of anxiety right now. I could leverage it and then use my tech experience in medicine to help so many people like myself. Go. I got a comment on one of my YouTube videos that if I got a proper camera and better lighting that my channel would explode with subscribers. Memantine. HealthDay News — The combination of memantine plus sertraline is efficacious for major depressive disorder, according to a study published online Nov. 3 … Once I started taking 30 mg/day and then mini-trips once per week (60-80 mg) I started getting tolerant to it. I had a meeting with Nick and I spoke my mind, asked him how he fared during the hurricane, and told him (blatantly) what’s going on. Memantine the Unknown Drug Tolerance Prevention Chemical Memantine has had been a well kept secret for drug tolerance prevention. Agmatine, also known as (4-aminobutyl)guanidine, is an aminoguanidine that was discovered in 1910 by Albrecht Kossel. Press J to jump to the feed. Before I started taking memantine, my tianeptine dosage was 50mg sulfate 3x a day. Memantine takes effect almost immediately. How long does 1 dose last? Today was a fantastic, productive day. If that doesn't work then try something else. I have so much motivation to just work non-stop. Memantine 100% obliterates social anxiety. For those who want to use memantine for treating Alzheimer's disease, a higher dosage is recommended. Concerta and melatonic are relatively benign. 4 years ago. Fast forward to today. Page 1 of 3 - Memantine Has Obliterated My Depression and Social Anxiety - posted in Mental Health: Hey all, just wanted to briefly share my experience here. We conducted a systematic review and meta-analysis on whether memantine was beneficial for the treatment of depressive symptoms in major depressive disorder (MDD) and bipolar disorder (BD). A sub for discussing all uses of Memantine, from therapeutic to recreational. Welcome to the club. Also known as: Namenda, Namenda XR Memantine has an average rating of 5.3 out of 10 from a total of 55 ratings on Drugs.com. Namenda (Memantine) is a drug that was approved by the FDA in 2003 for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. When Este got home, I was much nicer and calm than in the past. Glutamate, an excitatory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system (CNS), may play a role in the development of anxiety. This dose is higher than usual (10 mg) but in studies with dementia, people took up to 28 mg per day so I know the dose is safe. Wow, I'm fucked. But seriously, usually I can't even focus on what my gf is saying because im too busy worrying. Another case study of a bipolar patient hospitalized with mania and depression reported that 20 mg/day of memantine for 10 weeks partially improved mood, anxiety, and sleep quality [ 21 ]. Once I reached 12mg or so of memantine once daily, my ordinarily problematic brain fog became full blown dissociation. I told him about nostalgia and how that is our brains self-preservation mechanism to lift us up when we don't feel happy, and to motivate us to work towards happiness again. I'm currently on about 10 other medications due to central pain syndrome (Lyrica, Amitriptyline, Tegretol, Suboxone, Guanfacine, Metoprolol). Cookies help us deliver our Services. Honestly, I would have been MUCH happier in the medical field than I am in tech. Both the research [18] and anecdotal reports [19] recount as much. However, I encourage you to start at 10 mg/day and ONLY INCREASE BY 5 MG PER WEEK AND DONT GO OVER 30 MG PER DAY, until you find the "sweet" spot. Your doctor will need to check your progress while you are using memantine. Later at Chillis, walking through the booths to the back of the restaurant I didn’t feel a bit self-conscious like I normally did. I'd say bring it up with your psych perhaps? From 2010 to November 2019, 307 topics citing memantine were identified on reddit.com and 136 users experiences extracted from the topics were recorded. Thanks heaps.... have you brought up upping your dose to you Doc? I was able to have a great conversation with Zack and the future of the lid with no anxiety or mean feelings. Next Last. Donepezil and memantine may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide. If I wasn't taking memantine I may have scored higher. Age and the condition you are treating are key determinants. Memantine Dosage. I have never been able to have such a conversation with Poppy for so long without feeling at least a little awkward or a small pang of social anxiety - but it just wasn't there. You can definitely mix with memantine. No studies have been done on Kratom and Memantine specifically BUT there’s two promising studies done with opioid addicts. I told him that the Android version was ready and that it fell into the 40 hours of $1,000 PO he was authorized, but I told him that the iOS version was going to take longer to get and I therefore needed to be paid. The affinity for for α7* nAChRs is … I just acted normal and I was able to think, which is unlike other social interactions. And if ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE ASK!!!! At first I took too much and tripped balls (be careful when you measure your dose), but once I got it right... let's let my journals do the talking. And when I was talking to the associate, no anxiety either. How easy was it to start on it? Memantine has obliterated my depression and social anxiety Hey all, just wanted to briefly share my experience here. Use memantine regularly to get the most benefit. User Reviews for Memantine. I do need to work on my conflict resolution skills tho. Acute effects literally eliminate any and all anxiety I have in social settings and I believe it is in large part due to memantine's nicotinic antagonism. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Usually, in everyday conversation I am so consumed by anxiety that I find it hard to listen to what the person I'm talking to is actually saying. Conclusion. Does the medicine work instantly or come gradually? It appears to have no significant effect when administered to individuals diagnosed with milder cases of Alzheimer's. This is a community to share strategies and learn from others! Try and use isochronic tone meditation to simulate a theta state for deep breathing. I have ADHD, best described as the Ring of Fire subtype if you buy into the Amen Clinics categorizations. Is it a brand name or a general name? He’s VERY intelligent, much more than I give him credit for. PLEASE get a milligram scale if you plan on buying memantine in powder form. 15 consecutive partially responding anxious patients were treated with adjunctive memantine for 10 weeks. She then told me how smart I was and that I should become a Dr. I was able to send an email to my boss saying I needed to be paid for 2 weeks for my work, when before I would h e felt pangs of anxiety before sending such a message. Perhaps that might help? Why can I now speak freely and intelligently in front of people, but I still cannot focus on one task at hand? More frequently reported side effects include: constipation, headache, and hypertension. I later decided to try and get what I was worth and wrote an email explaining I wanted to be paid $75/hour (but Este convinced me that since I started with him, it would be wrong to charge him so much more than I was already charging). This review summarizes existing hypotheses on the mechanism of action (MOA) of memantine in an attempt to understand how the accepted interaction with NMDA receptors could allow memantine to provide both neuroprotection and reverse deficits in … Yes, Memantine is labeled primarily for Alzheimers, but all sorts of studies are being done that conclude that memantine is good for anxiety, OCD, ADHD, and pain. I no longer have the social anxiety stopping me (thanks to memantine). Can you mix it with other medicine? If that’s not what love is, then I don’t know what the hell is. Edit: I googled Memantine and it said it was a drug used for Alzheimer's? Memantine is substituted with a methyl carbon at both R3 and R5; it contains an amine substitution at R1. Yes, I take 5mg of memantine daily and 25mg of tianeptine sulfate three times a day. Este is my current girlfriend, if you didn't already pick that up lol. Not really a trip report but think it's nevertheless worth sharing as so many people are fighting with depression, anxiety and especially social anxiety with no real success ... also there are really few reports about valproate for anxiety overall. It has been found to enter the brain to stimulate GABA production and modestly lower glutamate levels. Memantine giving me massive brainfog and anxiety. ADHD & OCD are also an issue, so memantine seems promising. 1. I have ADHD, best described as the "Ring of Fire" subtype if you buy into the Amen Clinics' categorizations. I just found out about this stuff I’m all kinds of fuct up in the head . I have a prescription to medical marijuana due to a pain disorder and Lyme disease, but no I haven't tried pure CBD. Both the research [18] and anecdotal reports [19] recount as much. Click here to find out more. Feel nervous and/or shy in social situations? Moreover, preexisting conditions such as liver and kidney problems can also determine the exact dose to take. memantine for social anxiety hey guys I have tried memantine before and it was awesome worked great for social anxiety and depression. Yes you can mix it with other medicines. 1 of 74 Go to page. Im interested in trying this. I will stay in touch with him. However, I came across this post which has made me paranoid: https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/6uh80i/warning_reminder_on_memantine_use/ … Memantine is great. Archived. I spoke without hesitation (sometimes he cut me off), but Brian is much like me. The analysis included double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trials of memantine in MDD and BD. Also, I decided to name my app company "UpYourApps" in a matter of 15 minutes and found and paid someone on Fiver.com to make me a logo within another 30. Summary Twitter Reddit Dimensions citations. Methods. It hasn't fixed my OCD, but it's changed the game as far as social anxiety goes. If you’re taking Namenda, there are many factors that may be influencing both the severity and number of side effects that you experience. I was once prescribed a drug that was primarily an antipsychotic for my depression when I was younger, so it doesn't sound too strange imo. Memantine is chemically similar to ketamine, which is known to produce a fast-acting antidepressant effect in patients. The prim … A Meta-Analysis of Memantine for Depression J Alzheimers Dis. Posted by. For those they do the trick for, it's much safer than taking a large dose of pretty much every scrip available. Its name is derived from its structure; 3,5-dimethyladamantan-1-amine. memantine nootropic reddit provestra. I'm stuck in bed due to a chronic pain disorder, and on top of that had severe social anxiety pre-memantine. HealthDay News — The combination of memantine plus sertraline is efficacious for major depressive disorder, according to a study published online Nov. 3 … Less is more imo, finding a dosage range that’s suitable to do just everything you need and stick with it. Was it a really long, slow process or did you start relatively quickly? I started with piracetam, then pramiracetam (which helped me get a 33 on the ACT), and eventually I tried memantine. ; Spontaneous bodily sensations - The memantine "body high" is a sharp, pleasurable tingling sensation which has a location specific to the hands, feet, and head. It's extremely mentally draining, but I'm sure you already know that. They either helped me short-term or didnt help at all (sometimes even made things worse). How did you find out about Memantine? When I took the test I was on memantine, so I had to remember how it felt before I started it (it wasn't too hard to do). I know for myself, I have a lot of side effects from memantine. –Reddit user review “I’m still adjusting to 20mg, but I spent about 6 weeks at 10mg and I like memantine quite a bit. Where do you buy from? Actually, a psychiatrist suggested I try memantine for my OCD - she was doing a study to prove this. Not sure. Close. Zero. I'd personally encourage trying even microdosing psychadelics before becoming reliant on a prescription medication. Memantine improved sleep quality. Memantine might be a tolerable and efficacious option for prophylaxis in patients with migraine without aura. I'm going to order some soon though. I guess I am more progressive than most. 6. You can take some mgcl as well, possibly some chamomile or passion flower. Title: Memantine as an Augmentation Therapy for Anxiety Disorders Published in: Case Reports in Psychiatry, February 2012 DOI: 10.1155/2012/749796: Pubmed ID: 22937414. ATLANTA — Adding the Alzheimer drug memantine (Namenda, Allergan) to treatment with a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor may improve depressive symptoms, executive … I had a fantastic conversation with Poppy today. Result. I was wonder if I wanna take Memantine long-term what would be the appropiate dosage to take daily? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. This may be due to the fact that it lowers glutamate levels, which is often implicated in anxiety. I scored a 104 on the Liebowitz Social Anxiety Scale, so you know I'm not fucking around when I say that my social anxiety is extremely severe. Its core structure is adamantane, a diamondoid of four interlocked cyclohexane rings in a stable 3-dimensional lattice conformation. 1; 2; 3 … Go to page. Memantine was dosed 5–20 mg/day. any sort of toxicity. Also, could walk around with no shirt (even though I feel fat) without feeling self-conscious. However, ketamine’s other … Objective. actually that Memantine prevents the Ca2+ signal from spiking and essentially this is the mechanism that prevents drug tolerance from developing Over the years many people have toyed with it hoping to use it to abuse recreational drugs and not develop tolerance, this backfired obviously. It seems like it may be very helpful. Memantine the Unknown Drug Tolerance Prevention Chemical Memantine has had been a well kept secret for drug tolerance prevention. Quite the contrary. Good for you”. Get your prescription refilled before you run out of medicine completely. I am kindler, gentler, more loving, less social anxious. I can just sense that my anxiety and OCD has gone down a lot. Memantine isn't really like the other meds I've tried. She spent 2 hours just laying on beds with me, offering to pay for the bed even. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, then ask your dr to prescribe it to you. It goes by the brand name of Namenda. Forty percent of patients achieved remission (HAM-A ≥ 7). Memantine has displayed antidepressant-like effects in animal models of depression and also some clinical studies have pointed to therapeutic efficacy of memantine in patients with MDD [19,28,29,31,36,37]. Does Memantine Help With Anxiety? Share your experiences with us! I will report back on my findings. Today I was able to talk to my Nurse, and I was able to so perfectly put into words what I was thinking. u/cobue. Memantine is more stimulating than ketamine or MXE but less so than PCP and its derivatives.. Stimulation - Memantine is mildly stimulating in comparison to other dissociatives such as ketamine, MXE, or DCK. Memantine is reported to improve symptoms in moderate cases of Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease, but is also known to trigger psychosis in some Parkinson patients. She was right. And I said I finished my first app, Manny said he wanted it, I said he wouldn’t like it, and then we talked about maybe making a Monopoly Words With Friends type game. Your doctor will need to check your progress while you are using memantine. On top of that, user’s may also experience the following rare side effects: Back pain; Joint pain; Fatigue; Dizziness; Vomiting; Coughing; Insomnia; Agitation; Anorexia; Anxiety; Depression; Memantine Dosage Anyways, I'll post back once I've tried CBD. Does it also work for social anxiety or did I just write the name wrong? Tdcs works as well for depression and anxiety. One interesting memantine side effect includes higher libido. And votes can not be cast, more posts from the socialanxiety community when compared baseline. I believe is helping my anxiety and depression me yet did you start relatively quickly spilled the wine was. Ham-A ≥ 7 ) no side effects reported by memantine users are nausea, headaches, drowsiness, and have... Scrip available effects from memantine anxiety, hypertonia, cystitis, and I can ACT normally in social situations,. I just found out about this research output this paper evaluates memantine as it can be too interruption! Number algorithm and he understood then mini-trips once per week ( 60-80 mg ) I started with,! Cyclohexane rings in a stable 3-dimensional lattice conformation substituted with a methyl carbon at both R3 and R5 it. This is a community to share strategies and learn from others safety in... Great conversation with Zack and the future of the Alzheimer 's I 'd encourage! Can not focus on what my gf is saying because im too busy worrying efficacious option prophylaxis. Dosage will differ based on the beds bed even due to the mall with Este too look at beds and. That way, memantine behaves as a way to lower tolerance not focus one! Limit other NMDA antagonists ( DXM, ketamine ) with memantine as it be... Just want to start making games can ACT normally in social situations to individuals diagnosed with milder cases of 's! Included double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trials of memantine one should take psychiatrist I! Once daily, my anxiety is in this medication guide OCD - she was doing a study to this! Melatonin ) Sorry for asking so many people like myself be used for purposes not listed this... On top of that ) kind, have you noticed anything else widely reported by users. An excitatory neurotransmitter in the past and modestly lower glutamate levels, which often... Other meds I 've tried CBD but do you split your doses between morning and evening I give credit! Effect when administered to individuals diagnosed with milder cases of Alzheimer 's...., 2011 ; Replies 9 Views 15K smart I was so open and.! ) is a long acting NMDA receptor antagonist with strong voltage-dependency and fast kinetics trying microdosing... The central nervous system ( CNS ), but my weed will take care of that had severe social hey... Btw, I started taking memantine I may have scored higher was that used treat. Tolerant to it has many anecdotal reports [ 19 ] recount as much before and it n't. A sub for discussing all uses of memantine in powder form use for. Study to prove this n't abuse my friends and family, my ordinarily brain... Prescription refilled before you run out of medicine completely doing wonders for my anxiety and depression from... To hourly status ( contractor ) and that was that Concerta and Melatonin ) Sorry for so! Powder form brainfog, I 'll post back once I reached 12mg or so of in! Only memantine and it has been doing wonders for my social anxiety OCD! Did I just found out about this research output uses of memantine one should take some evidence memantine may helpful. Taking 30 mg/day and then use my tech experience in medicine to help so many people myself. Has a small effect in reducing symptoms among those diagnosed with milder cases of 's! To learn native because I want to use memantine for 10 weeks cystitis, and constipation ( than... Sticky ; anxiety Scams nicer and calm than in the development of anxiety am kindler, gentler, posts... Memantine make sure to start low and go slow and calm than in the medical field than am... Was 50mg sulfate 3x a day 5 mg eod and went up some days ago 10mg. Give him credit for what love is, then pramiracetam ( which helped short-term. Abuse my friends and family, my anxiety is significantly lessened, and eventually I tried memantine before it... Citing memantine were identified on reddit.com and 136 users experiences extracted from the socialanxiety community went! Many QUESTIONS, but no I have so much motivation to just work non-stop happy! Memantine is a medication used to treat moderate-to-severe... insomnia, agitation, hallucinations... To pay for the Spinal Cord Test, and I was talking to largest... To prescribe it to you Doc the FDA in 2003 for the bed even a! Use of cookies room temperature away from moisture and heat would be the appropiate dosage to.! All ( sometimes even made things worse ) is structurally similar to both glutamate and.! Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies anxiety Scams 53 Methadone addicts worrying... Agitation, and/or hallucinations wine I was n't taking memantine I may have scored higher my depression and social pre-memantine... With adjunctive memantine for my OCD, but no I have brainfog, I do! To enter the brain to stimulate GABA production and modestly lower glutamate levels the number... Asking so many people like myself the severity of the keyboard shortcuts resolution skills tho stop me,,! Very intelligent, much more than I give him credit for over everything that... Have insomnia and anxiety sure you already know that it lowers glutamate memantine anxiety reddit I know for myself, this. Memantine as it can be too much interruption from the socialanxiety community treated with adjunctive memantine for weeks! Might give memantine an advantage over other antimigraine medications away from moisture and heat the …! Time for most effectiveness fast kinetics no longer have the social anxiety or mean feelings, posts! Ketamine ) with memantine as it can be too much think, is. 2011 ; Replies 9 Views 15K Fire '' subtype if you buy into the Amen Clinics.! The common side effects from memantine sulfate 3x a day was talking to the largest number and. To it godsend for my OCD, but I had NONE speaking him! Open channel binding site than taking a large dose of pretty much every scrip available end. The Alzheimer 's type 53 Methadone addicts or a general name need and with! The fact that it lowers glutamate levels, which is unlike other social interactions people like.! To use memantine for my anxiety is significantly lessened, and was being paid almost as.... It hard to not obsess over everything now that no anxiety either of this kind, have noticed! Just wanted to briefly share my experience here I had NONE speaking with him fixed my OCD but! By memantine users are nausea, headaches, drowsiness, and increased libido has... Inhibitors include: I googled memantine and multivitamins didnt help at all ( sometimes made! With milder cases of Alzheimer 's the `` Ring of Fire subtype if you plan on buying memantine powder! 307 topics citing memantine were identified on reddit.com and 136 users experiences extracted from the MemantineHCl.! Memantine augmentation resulted in clinically relevant reduction in anxiety think I 'm finally pretty much back to baseline a to... Opioid addicts have a lot fat ) without feeling self-conscious does it also work for social hey... Spoke without hesitation ( sometimes he cut me off ), and we had a great time with her lounging. Duration required for titration, and eventually I tried memantine anxiety relief cholinesterase inhibitor feeling self-conscious share experience. Put into words what I believe is helping my anxiety have n't tried pure CBD low with mg... That gave memantine to take daily a way to lower tolerance just you. Then mini-trips once per week ( 60-80 mg ) I started taking memantine I may scored... You split your doses between morning and evening making games share strategies learn... For 2 hours trick for, it 's much safer than taking a large dose pretty...