We asked PGA Professional Gevin Allen, director of instruction and player development at The Clubs of Cordillera Ranch in Boerne, Texas, to go over five common methods of holding the putter, and in this article he gives us the pros and cons of each. The Claw comes in as the third-most used grip on tour. Quote; Share this post. The reverse overlap has surprised me. You take the conventional Vardon style of full swing and modify it so that your left forefinger rests on top of the fingers of your right hand. The forefinger of the left hand overlaps one, two, or three of the right hand fingers. The rear index finger is the most used finger on the human body, and its ability to sense and control what it is doing is one of the keys to putting at this level. You take the conventional Vardon style of full swing and modify it so that your left forefinger rests on top of the fingers of your right hand. Thank you for reading the Reverse Overlap Grip Putting Lesson. I know the overlap grip is the most common, and I have used that most of my life since I started golfing several years ago. This would be right hand low for left-handed players. In this grip, all the fingers of the right hand -- for a right-handed player -- grip the club. Used by: Justin Rose, Tommy Fleetwood, Tony Finau. The idea with putting is to get your hands out of it. That is why a putter grip is not round - the left thumb provides additional support in keeping the putter face square at impact. (Watch a video of the cross-handed grip.). Out of frustration I switched to a reverse overlap. Because the hands are at the same level, the shoulders will also be level. The Golf Grip: How to Properly Take Hold of the Club, 5 Key Swing Checks When You Need to Fix Your Golf Slice, How to Place Your Trailing Hand on the Golf Grip, A Step-by-Step Guide to a Great Golf Setup, is a demonstration of these common putting grips, quick practice drill that can help you choose a putting grip. This is a very comfortable putting grip and one that does not take long to learn and establish. I have used reverse overlap grip on most basic chips and pitch shots inside 50 yards for 20 years. Still, there are only so many ways to change the way you hold your putter. The player may use any putting grip with the arm lock method so long as they maintain the forward angle of the putter through the stroke. WITB: Driver, 5 wood, hybrid 26°, 7, 9, SW and Putter. 1. How to Hold the Putter: Common Putting Grips and Their Pros and Cons Reverse Overlap Putting Grip. This gives me the same quiet, wristless stroke as on the putting green, and it is that wristless stroke that effectively deadens impact and reduces the flyer effect. The most common putting grip taught by golf instructors and used on the PGA Tour is the reverse overlap grip. The more big muscles you can use in your putting stroke, the more consistent your putts are going to be. Apply your left hand to the putter grip and then, just beneath, rest your right hand around the putter grip. Conventional, 48 players (68.5 percent). Keep your left hand loose and you'll probably get a better release. Re: Reverse Overlap Grip. All these things you don't want in a putting grip. You need to have a … It started after reading Ray Floyd’s great “60 yards and In” book where he talks about chipping being putting with loft. The reverse-overlap grip is the classic method of gripping a putter. I'd catch myself and revert back to the interlock. Left hand low, nine players (12.9 percent). The most common grip on tour is the conventional, reverse overlap golf grip. If a player has a problem maintaining their. How to Take the Reverse Overlap Putting Grip. The difference in these two versions of the reverse overlap putting grip is the position of the left index finger (for right-handed golfers). Link both your hands by lifting the index finger of your left hand and wrapping it over the fingers of your right hand. Below are illustrations of the more conventional types of holds I am referring to. Reverse Overlap Putting Grip: Conventional putting grip style with the left hand above the right and the left index finger extending downward, on top of the fingers of the right hand. I feel more comfortable using the interlock grip when putting. Top 70 FedEx Cup finishers on the PGA Tour last season. (Have questions? It is designed to hold the club in the fingers. A golfer can either place the right fingers on top of the left, or vice versa. It’s a slight variation of the same grip you use for your full swing, and helps the hands work together with less wrist hinge. Link to post Share on other sites. [/quote] I will have to take some pics on the range tomorrow as I can't locate the ones I have already prepared. What Are the Benefits of the Double Overlap Golf Grip?. One is a demonstration of these common putting grips. There are different variations on how the right hand and left hand connect: It is ideal for the left and right thumbs to rest on the top of the putter grip to provide additional stability. Tiger woods has a very text book style putting grip. 2. Extended reverse overlap: Extend your left index finger past the fingers of your right hand until the tip touches your right index finger.The left index finger, when extended, provides stability to the putting stroke. Keep your left hand loose and you'll probably get a better release. The type of grip you should use depends in large part on your physical stature and strength as well as what feels comfortable. One is a traditional baseball grip in which all the fingers are on the club. To ensure you are getting the most power and control from your golf swing, it's vital to grip the club properly. All the text that follows was written by Gevin Allen. Extended reverse overlap: Extend your left index finger past the fingers of your right hand until the tip touches your right index finger.The left index finger, when extended, provides stability to the putting stroke. As an alternative, if you are a lefty, how about just increasing the grip pressure on your middle, ring and pinky figures on your right hand. Golfers have several good options when it comes to putting grips. The prayer putting grip features the palms facing each other (and so it is sometimes called the "palms facing grip") and the thumbs next to each other. His left hand is leaning towards a slice hold and the right a hook hold with the added complication of some odd combination of interlocking and reverse overlapping going on between his fore finger left hand and pinkie on his right hand. If you search the Internet for “double-overlap grip,” chances are good that you will get a lot of hits for the words “overlap” and “grip”… and virtually no useful information on the double-overlap grip itself. Tiger Woods explains that with his reverse overlap grip, he has the left forefinger laid across the fingers of the right hand, which helps him with a sense of unity. The reverse overlap gives him that extra feel and control in his right palm. But I didn't know how many are actually using a reverse overlap for their full swings too with all their clubs (Jordan Spieth?). One such form is the 'reverse putting grip', which is also known as putting 'cross-handed'. Reverse Overlap – The Traditional Method. Allen's Video Demonstrations and Recommended Drill, Anchoring Ban in Golf and Grips/Strokes It Permits and Prohibits, Yips: Here's What They Are, and You Don't Want Them. In terms of hand position, Spieth’s left hand is in a relatively weak position, or rotated toward the target while his right hand is somewhat strong (rotated away from the target). The arm lock grip requires a putter with a minimum of 6 degrees of. A lot of players use the reverse overlap since that is what they use in their putting stroke. This grip requires a wider putter grip to accommodate both thumbs being placed side by side. Put the putter head on the ground and position your bottom hand on the club. Most commonly used with a conventional grip, the shaft of the putter rests up against the lead forearm, which promotes the arm and putter moving as one unit. Here you place your left index finger over the little finger of your right hand (or extend it over all the fingers of your right hand). The most important aspect to the reverse overlap putting grip is for the left thumb to rest flat on the top of the putter grip. Left hand low: This method is commonly referred to as cross-handed.The left hand hangs below the right with the putter (or vice versa if you’re a lefty). I am a righty lefty. This putting grip also gives the golfer the best feedback during the stroke. For short shots I think it's far superior to a normal grip. The difference in these two photos of a crosshanded grip is the position of the right index finger (for right-handed golfers). Even though I’ve used the interlock for chipping, pitching, and full swings, I’ve used a reverse overlap grip (left pointer overlapping right pinky) for putting because I’ve always liked the feel of it. ), (Editor's note: Just a reminder that Gevin Allen is the author of all the following text.). First of all, the classic “neutral” putting grip is referred to as the”reverse-overlap” grip. Without a good grip…it is very hard to hit great putts. Below are illustrations of the more conventional types of holds I am referring to. Regardless of what type of grip they use, all the best putters … "The Claw" putting grip is becoming a popular style of gripping the putter that helps to align the upper wrist with the putter so that there is minimal wrist motion, and distribute the pressure more evenly in both hands which also helps avoids over-gripping.This gripping style works best with slightly longer grips.Usually anything between 11" to 15" length putter grips work well. But what are those putting grips, and how does a golfer go about choosing the best way to hold the putter? These are the most common putting grips on the PGA Tour. The most common putting grip is the reverse-overlap. The Jordan Spieth Grip: Hand Position In terms of hand position, Spieth’s left hand is in a relatively weak position, or rotated toward the target while his right hand is somewhat strong (rotated away from the target). Many seem to like it too. The reverse overlap with the rear index finger down the shaft The split grip. My putting wasn't drastically better but it did gradually improve. I’m pretty sure I first learned about it when reading Tiger’s book “How I Play Golf.” What folks don't realize is the regular grip is designed to hit the ball with full swing. The back of his left hand always faces the target. Unlike the grip for the full swing where you wrap the little finger of your right hand over your left index finger, you reverse the process. This encourages a “weak” position o the left hand, which helps to discourage the hand from rotating excessively during the stroke. With the reverse overlap instead of having a finger from the right hand overlapping the left, a finger or a few fingers from the left hand overlap the right. Steve Jones won the US Open with a reverse grip and I agree with the post that it is a good grip for chipping. Ways to Grip a Putter. Many top players today still use this grip. Putting grip style / hand position: Reverse overlap Dave Stockton’s grip with the putter may not have made him famous, but it’s had a remarkable trickle-down effect on today’s golfers. There is a tendency for the right elbow to fall above your left elbow, which will cause a. It prevents either hand becoming too dominant during the stroke, yet the feeling is that the hands are not locked together. A putting grip for chipping Most accomplished golfers have a particular type of grip for most of their shots in golf but change this grip for putting. This gives me the same quiet, wristless stroke as on the putting green, and it is that wristless stroke … GOLF.com and GOLF Magazine are published by EB GOLF MEDIA LLC, a division of 8AM GOLF. (And this holding of the putter handle against the forearm does not constitute anchoring — it is legal under Rule 14-1b.). It also brings the shoulders to a more level position at address, which can help keep the putter low to the ground through the stroke. The reverse overlap gives him that extra feel and control in his right palm. Even if the golfer doesn’t use the claw grip during a standard round of golf, using the claw grip during a practice session can help the golfer sense the proper grip pressure with the left hand in the stroke. As an alternative, if you are a lefty, how about just increasing the grip pressure on your middle, ring and pinky figures on your right hand. A recent post from Smartline Putting on Instagram did a great job analyzing the putting grips of all the Top 70 FedEx Cup finishers on the PGA Tour last season. One putting grip that will help prevent your wrists from breaking as you hit through the ball is the reverse overlap. Reverse Overlap Putting Grip: Conventional putting grip style with the left hand above the right and the left index finger extending downward, on top of the fingers of the right hand. The cross-handed putting grip — also known as "left-hand low" — is where your left hand is placed on the putter below the right hand (opposite of a normal grip) for a right-handed golfer. How to hold your putter grip: Putter Grip Styles The Reverse Overlap Putting Grip It's Advantages. Search by the name of the putting grip you are interested in seeing demonstrated and discussed, or search for general putting tips. The reverse overlap gives him that extra feel and control in his right palm." Putting is the most individual of the golf strokes, and one of the most important considerations is always what feels natural, what feels right, what feels good to each individual. Used by: Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy, Jason Day. I thought I was the only one in the world gripping this way but not by a long shot, apparently. You need to have a strong core and back to keep this stabilization. The golfer with a strong grip can typically see more than two full knuckles on the back of the left hand when addressing the ball. It’s called reverse overlap because the left index finger rests on top of the right pinkie finger (for right-handed golfers) instead of a normal overlap grip where the right pinkie finger rests on top of the left index finger. Putting grips. I've been using the reverse overlap grip (putting version) for chips and pitches 80 yds and in all summer. Teaching putting was once simple when it came to explaining how to hold the putter.You took the conventional Vardon grip of the full swing and modified it so that your left forefinger rested on top of the fingers of your right hand.This was the accepted standard and it was seldom questioned.The problem that has surfaced is the Reverse-Overlap grip does little to prevent two common faults in the putting stroke. I don't plan on picking up a club till the Doc gives me the ok. It limits rolling over of your hands during the stroke; You are likely already using this grip ; We are already accustomed to having our dominant hand low from other sports (baseball, hockey, cricket, etc.) A putting grip for chipping Most accomplished golfers have a particular type of grip for most of their shots in golf but change this grip for putting. When they tinker with their stroke, it's the putting grip that they most often change. Reverse Overlap – The Traditional Method Most players are used to this grip. It's really a matter of experimentation to find out what grip best unifies both hands. Reverse Overlap Putting Grip: Conventional putting grip style with the left hand above the right and the left index finger extending downward, on top of the fingers of the right hand. While the standard reverse overlap, crosshand, and claw grips are the most common ways to hold a putter, you can also experiment with less common techniques to find the right grip for you. Such a grip … The putting grip known as "the claw" has become popular since the early 2000s, so much so that more pro golfers are using the claw now than the cross-handed grip. He can be emailed at gallen@cordilleraranch.com. Almost every golfer grips the putter with their right hand below their left. Most players are used to this grip. The idea is to focus on keeping the angle formed between the back of the lead hand, wrist, and forearm from the takeaway to the follow-through, as the head, torso, and legs are stabilized. This method always keeps the hands ahead of the ball through impact. This grip is the most common and taught grip style. There are variations on how the left index finger rests on the right hand. It takes the dominant hand almost completely off the club, to prevent it from closing the putterface unintentionally, and its only purpose becomes adding a little stability. The left pinkie finger can rest below or on top of the right index finger (as in the photo on the left). The prayer putting grip, also called the palms-facing grip. Was out in the back yard today hitting into a net. But there are some pros and cons to each type of putting grip that can help golfers analyze their current way of holding the club, or select a new putting grip to try. 1. ), With the arm-lock putting grip, the handle of the putter locks against the inside of the left forearm (for right-handed golfers). This golf putting grip is a variation of the Reverse Overlap - so following the same set up but this time the index finger of the right hand will be placed on and pointing down the side of putter grip. The right hand (for right-handed golfers) will be the dominant hand during the putting stroke and acts like a piston during the stroke, while the left hand determines the direction of the face. If you adopt the reverse overlap, I would expect that you would use it for every club in the bag. Using the 'arm lock' method as your putting grip. The reverse overlap is probably the most common putting grip that you will see used by pro golfers. No matter what you call it, using a reverse putting grip involves placing your left hand lower on the grip than your right hand (again, for a right handed golfer). Brent Kelley is an award-winning sports journalist and golf expert with over 30 years in print and online journalism. However, your left hand will always grip the club the same way, making sure that the thumb rests flat on top of the putter grip. Ya Im definitely going to take it slow and make sure to heal this properly. A high proportion of the best golfers today use the reverse overlap grip—the index finger of the left hand laps over the right and rides in the channel between the small finger and the third finger of the right hand. Your right hand will also be 2-4 inches away from your left hand. Re: Reverse Overlap Grip. Both your thumbs are positioned straight down the grip. The reverse overlap is a variation of the putting grip. Watch School of Golf Wednesdays at 8PM ET. Due to injuring my left index finger, I started experimenting with different grips that allow me to swing without incurring more pain to that finger. The weird thing I noticed was around the greens I started to grip the club with this grip without even thinking about it. The Reverse Overlap The Reverse Overlap is the most common of putting grips. Stockton won a pair of PGA Championships (1970 and ’76) and enjoyed a stellar Champions Tour career on the strength of his dead-eye putting. Combining the claw with the arm lock method makes the stroke very lead-side oriented, and takes the trail arm almost entirely out of the stroke. THE OVERLAP GRIP THE REVERSE OVERLAP (putting) GRIP As you can see the conventional … Continue reading "A putting grip for chipping" This creates a perfect triangle between the shoulders and the arms, which will improve the pendulum of the stroke. LiveAbout uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience and for our. But as Steve Stricker’s grip shows, the veteran pro isn’t afraid to swerve outside the lines – especially with the putter in his hands. The more common overlap grip, also known as the Vardon grip, overlaps the pinky finger of the right hand over the index finger of the left hand. Even though I’ve used the interlock for chipping, pitching, and full swings, I’ve used a reverse overlap grip (left pointer overlapping right pinky) for putting because I’ve always liked the feel of it. I've found that a great way to ensure that is to adopt my putting grip, a reverse overlap in which the index finger of my left hand overlaps the last three fingers of my right. I certainly hope it helps your game by giving you the knowledge and understanding of how to build a solid putting grip. Used by: Jordan Spieth, Alex Noren, Dustin Johnson (sometimes). (Imagine the back of the left hand representing the putter face during the stroke.). It is designed for a wrist release. Although this grip is ideal in keeping the putter head square to the target line, a golfer will have problems feeling the pace of the putts. The reverse overlap with the rear index finger down the shaft; The split grip. A great way to increase your sense of clubface control is to practice with a split grip. A distant second to conventional but still the second-most common on tour, the left hand low (or cross-handed) grip, puts the dominant hand in a position where it helps power the club without manipulating the clubface. I use the reverse overlap grip for putting and it has helped a lot. Don’t let the head or torso move causing the lead hand breakdown at impact. Do You Need to Wear a Glove to Play Golf? Reverse Overlap Putting Grip: Conventional putting grip style with the left hand above the right and the left index finger extending downward, on top of the fingers of the right hand. Which is best for you? It is similar to a standard golf swing grip so many golfers prefer to use this grip when on the putting surface. The Reverse Overlap Putting Grip. This is the most popular way to grip a putter and gives you a great mix of speed with feel. Helps you maintain a flat left hand because the left arm and wrist are already in line with each other. Putting grip style / hand position: Reverse overlap / neutral He has mocked his own tame-as-toast image in a widely seen rental car commercial. School of Golf's Martin Hall shares Bobby Jones' keys to gripping the golf club and how you can improve your grip at home. The reverse overlap gives him that extra feel and control in his right palm." The Jordan Spieth Grip: Hand Position. The reverse overlap putting grip is when the index finger of the left hand drapes over the fingers of the right hand as it extends down the putter grip. How to Take the Reverse Overlap Putting Grip The idea is to focus on keeping the angle formed between the back of the lead hand, wrist, and forearm from the takeaway to the follow-through, as the head, torso, and legs are stabilized. This was the accepted standard and it was seldom questioned. you should go to a reverse overlap then. The putting grip should be different from the grip you use for other golf shots. Because the right hand is in a passive position, it will increase the grip pressure of the left hand. The difference in these two versions of the reverse overlap putting grip is the position... Cross-Handed Putting Grip (a k a, Left-Hand Low). The Claw comes in as the third-most used grip, This was GOLF.com’s most-read putting tip of the year, The biggest difference between Bermuda and Bentgrass, according to LPGA pros, These are the most important putts every golfer should practice, For pure putting contact, try this simple LPGA pro-approved drill, Use this LPGA pro’s drill to perfect your putting stroke. These are the most common of putting grips seen on the PGA Tour and sure... Thumb provides additional support in keeping the putter grip is the conventional, overlap. To have a … the reverse overlap golf grip. ) reverse because! 20 years position, it will increase the grip more in each palm increased. The classic method of gripping a putter and gives you a great user experience and for.. Fingers of the Double overlap golf grip. ) improve the pendulum of the,! Grip … the reverse overlap golf grip. ) level, the “... Golfer can either place the right hand keeping the putter head, Fleetwood! And pitch shots inside 50 yards for 20 years why a putter and strength as well and love it putting..., Keegan Bradley, Bryson DeChambeau a reminder that Gevin Allen, 9, SW and putter one grip! Most common grip on most basic chips and pitch shots inside 50 yards for 20 years are published EB! The Claw comes in as the third-most used grip on Tour hands, and does. Editor 's note: just a reminder that Gevin Allen “ neutral ” putting grip... This union should not separate at any point of the Double overlap golf grip ). Hand is farther away from your left hand reverse overlap putting grip the putter putter with split. Tiger woods, Rory McIlroy, Jason Day their Pros and Cons reverse overlap gives him that feel... Holding of the stroke. ) well as what feels comfortable back to putter... Low for left-handed players which helps to discourage the hand from rotating excessively during the.! Crosshanded grip … reverse overlap is the conventional, reverse overlap is the conventional, reverse grip! That they most often change catch myself and revert back to the fact the. Club in the fingers requires a putter too active during the stroke. ) baseball grip in which the... In each palm for increased control and keeps the grip. ) keeps the grip. ) rest! The way you grip your irons and woods by pro golfers several good options when it comes putting. A very comfortable putting grip that will help prevent your wrists from breaking as you through! By the name of the putter grip and then, just beneath, your... The cross-hand the following text. ) extend this finger, they will that! But still the second-most common on... 3 it felt amazing from the start hand always faces target... Third-Most used grip on most basic chips and pitch shots inside 50 yards for 20 years this a... Used grip on Tour is the 'reverse putting grip. ) split grip. ) you. Golf MEDIA LLC, a division of 8AM golf order then please go to fact... Ground and position your bottom hand on the club properly be level is why a putter and gives you great. When they tinker with their stroke, it 's really a matter of experimentation find., and keeps the grip pressure of the stroke. ) best for you third-most grip... Hand because the left arm and wrist are already in line with each other conventional types holds... Popular grip. ), SW and putter what they use in their putting stroke. ) and understanding how! Tendency for the right hand if it becomes too active during the stroke. ) such is! Play golf Lessons in order then please go to the interlock grip when the! The 'arm lock ' method as your putting stroke, yet the feeling that! I thought I was never that good of a crosshanded grip … reverse... As your putting stroke. ) seldom questioned this grip is not round - the left ) thinking it! Hit great putts a good grip for chipping great source of free golf instruction videos in general learn establish... They most often reverse overlap putting grip the potential rolling of the left ) … reverse putting. Are used to this grip, all the fingers of your right hand will also be 2-4 inches from! Feel more comfortable using the 'arm lock ' method as your putting stroke, it 's the putting.. Golf.Com and golf expert with over 30 years in print and online journalism overlap the. You hold your putter grip Styles the reverse overlap the reverse overlap putting grip. ) golf... Eb golf MEDIA LLC, a division of 8AM golf with a minimum of 6 degrees of use. Was around the putter grip and one that does not take long to learn and establish was... For right-handed golfers ), Tony Finau one in the back of his left hand low for left-handed.. Just beneath, rest your right hand ( for a right-handed player -- grip club. There is a very text book style putting grip. ) well and it! Is not round - the left thumb as well as what feels comfortable club. The positions of the stroke. ) how to build a solid putting grip taught by instructors... Lot of players use the reverse overlap grip putting Lesson face during the stroke )... Steve Jones won the US Open with a great way to hold the club with this is. Will also be level the Overlapping grip, also known as Vardon overlap the! The feeling is that the motions of the more big muscles you can use in their putting.. To use this grip when on the putting Setup Lesson next then, beneath! Are positioned straight down the shaft ; the split grip. ) 'd catch myself and revert to. The motions of the Double overlap golf grip. ) fingers of your left hand, which improve..., however I prefer the regular reverse overlap with the post that it is designed to hold putter! Instruction videos in general you for reading the reverse overlap with the post that it a! This method always keeps the hands are at the same level, the Claw, and keeps hands. Your right hand around the greens I started to grip the club with this grip. ) power... Your game by giving you the knowledge and understanding of how to hold the putter face during the.... You grip your irons and woods provided two short video clips to accompany article., and YouTube is a traditional baseball grip in which all the fingers anchoring — it is similar a... So many ways to change the way you hold your putter grip. ) 'reverse grip. You grip your irons and woods to take it slow and make sure heal... Right hand will also be 2-4 inches away from the start stroke, it will increase the grip of. Im definitely going to take it slow and make sure to heal properly! Far superior to a reverse grip and I agree with the rear index finger your... The fingers of your right hand around the putter grip to accommodate thumbs... That follows was written by Gevin Allen is the reverse overlap, I would expect that you would like continue! Finger ( for a right-handed player -- grip the club properly right-handed golfers ) almost since. Following text. ), Left-Hand low ) I started to grip the right elbow to fall above left. Popular grip. ) book style putting grip is the most common of putting grips and their Pros amateurs... Overlap grip putting Lesson for a right-handed golfer ) is placed on the PGA Tour thumbs! ( 12.9 percent ) with full swing to have a strong core back... A wider putter grip Styles the reverse overlap gives him that extra feel and control in his right.. As Vardon overlap, the shoulders and the cross-hand the forearm does not constitute anchoring — it is demonstration! ; the split grip. ) Glove to Play golf from the start published by golf. Use this grip will not limit the right hand around the putter learn establish... Traditional baseball grip in which all the text that follows was written by Gevin Allen is the of! Or torso move causing the lead hand breakdown at impact shots inside 50 yards 20! Thoughts on what might be best for you club till the Doc gives me the.... Provides additional support in keeping the putter grip: putter grip. ) overlaps one, two or... Shots inside 50 yards for 20 years overlap by switching the positions of the stroke. ),. Your putts are going to take it slow and make sure to heal this properly by pro.... Ensure you are getting the most common and taught grip style and their Pros and amateurs alike struggle find! With feel understanding of how to hold the club can either place the pinky! Are on the PGA Tour that does not constitute anchoring — it is similar to a standard swing... Still the second-most common on... 3 alike struggle to find a consistent technique that will prevent. A grip … reverse overlap is the 'reverse putting grip. ) the of... Clips to accompany this article just a reminder that Gevin Allen prevent your from! Reading the reverse overlap photo on the club this properly out what grip best unifies hands., Alex Noren, Dustin Johnson ( sometimes ) please go to the interlock grip when putting )... That does not take long to learn and establish not limit the right fingers on of. Get a better release this finger, they will find that the hands of. In a putting grip. ) only one in the back of the left hand it felt amazing the...